About Jeanette Nyden
Contract Negotiation Expert
Attorney at Law + longtime negotiator + 4-time book author / co-author + professional speaker + business consultant + mediator + proud mama + kayaker, biker & hiker
Most importantly …… a real contract nerd!
Since 2003, I’ve been helping non-lawyer, contract professionals master the contracting life-cycle from drafting and negotiation to contract management by providing a range of standard and tailored training programs.
I have a deep, practical understanding of supply chain management and can translate customer demands into supplier performance.
I am a recognized expert in the contracting field having authored and/or co-authored four books:
1) Getting to We: Negotiating Agreements for Highly Collaborative Relationships (Nyden/Vitasek/Frydlinger)
"Getting to We is a must read for anyone needing to create strategic or long-term relationships. Readers will find a clear, well-researched step-by-step approach and invaluable tools for developing fair and sustainable relationships." - George T. Nierenberg, President, The Negotiation Institute
“Jeanette Nyden has succinctly set forth the most important lesson in the art of the negotiation for busy professionals who seek increased confidence and improved skills at the bargaining table. This book distills the essence of an entire library of negotiation tips in one practical and readable package. T. Noble Foster, Associate Professor of Business Law, Albers School of Business & Economics Seattle University
3) The Vested Outsourcing Manual: A Guide for Creating Successful Business and Outsourcing Relationships (Vitasek/Crawford/Nyden/Kawamoto)
"The journey to a truly collaborative agreement is practically guaranteed if you follow the step-by-step process outlined in this great book." - Dawn Tiura Evans, President and CEO, Sourcing Industry Group
Notable white papers include:
She was an adjunct professor at Seattle University and taught courses at the University of Tennessee’s Center for Executive Education. She earned her Juris Doctorate from Southern Illinois University and for a number of years practiced in both Illinois and Washington state. Jeanette is currently licensed in Washington state and teaches negotiation ethics courses for the Washington State Bar Association.
Jeanette can be reached at 206-240-7678 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“Your help was extremely valuable to our negotiation process. You coached us on and through a process that we were not familiar with and helped establish credibility with our customer. You gave us confidence that we could deal with them on even terms. Because you helped us to be prepared, there’s no doubt that we got the best deal for our company.” M.C., CEO, software company
I have worked with organizations such as PG&E, Esterline, KLX, TD Bank, CIBC Bank, Brookfield Johnson Controls, CH2MHill, T-Mobile, Jones Lang LaSalle, and Microsoft. I also was an adjunct professor at Seattle University and have taught courses at the University of Tennessee’s Center for Executive Education.
Meet the Team
Procurement thought leader+ author of more than 25 books +conference speaker + martial arts expert.
Over the last two decades, he has saved his employers more than $2.9B by architecting sourcing strategies, designing full sourcing lifecycle management processes and tools, developing future leaders, conducting procurements, negotiating with suppliers, and benchmarking resultant contracts.
Here are some accomplishments from his 20+ year career:
- Inducted into the SIG Sourcing Supernova Hall of Fame in 2018 for inspiring, insightful, and innovative work
- Institutionalized best practices and created innovations for his organization
- A member of the SIG University Advisory Board,
- IAOP Training & Certification Committee, and IAOP Think Tank,
- Created many of the industry’s leading practices and regularly advances thought leadership in strategic sourcing, procurement, supplier innovation, and digital transformation
- Contributing author to the Outsourcing Professional Body of Knowledge (OPBOK), Strategic Sourcing in the New Economy, and Unpacking Collaborative Bidding,
Bestselling author of 25 books (follow this link for his bibliography).
Director of Operations and Quality + Board Certified Performance and Leadership Coach+ 2022 International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) Member of the Year + Vested Outsourcing Certified Deal Architect + Outdoor enthusiast
Audrey has extensive experience designing, negotiating, implementing, and managing high-value, complex onshore and offshore outsourcing projects, including technology-enable initiatives. She specializes in driving value for organizations through creating strategic governance structures, collaborative outsourcing relationships, and performance-based contracts. Audrey has extensive experience in the healthcare industry on both the provider and the buyer sides.
Here are some accomplishments from her 20+ year career:
- Transformed stale multimillion-dollar outsourcing contracts into innovative performance-based relationships for Fortune 100 companies.
- Master of Science, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, University of Hartford
- Master of Science, Counseling, University of Hartford
- IAOP Collaborative Supplier Governance CoE Co-Chair
- Authored Leveraging Coaching Fundamentals to Improve Outsourcing Relationships white paper
- Advisor Executive Education Customer Experience Certification Program, Ithaca College